Thursday, September 30, 2004

Only 23 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

Another day and another day that my tomatoes would have been just fine left on the vine. But I hear that next week will be a lot colder. Anyway, I made seven pints of green tomato pickles and I have enough green tomatoes to make relish...a lot of relish. If I'd left the tomatoes on the vine, I would have just been postponing the inevitable. I'll be shopping for missing ingredients today.

HTP is waging a mouse vendetta. Orkin came this morning (right at the point when I was frying up bacon for breakfast...so by the time he finally left, we ended up with cold bacon to go with our late, late breakfast or early lunch) so he and HTP had to go out and oversee battle plans. We've had a mouse problem ever since we built this house. It's been seven years now and no-one has been able to figure out where they're sneaking inside. We know...and smell...where they usually end up. HTP has taken up the fight. He is in full battle. I wonder how many dead mice we find next spring?

Murphyism of the Day

Fox on Power

Arrogance is too often the companion of excellence.

No comments: