Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Only 25 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

On the plus side, I didn't have to clean fish last night and HTP still cooked supper. We went fishing but the fish weren't biting. It was windy and cold too. I didn't see any mosquitoes, so that's another notch in the plus column.

I got up this morning to 38°F on the thermometer. I suppose I should have expected this. My tomatoes look OK still because it seems like it only got down to 37°F last night. Unfortunately I think it might get a bit colder tonight. Do I go out and pick the tomatoes today? Should I wait? Should I dig out the sheets tonight to cover them? Maybe it's time to just give up and put the garden to bed.

Murphyism of the Day

Brown's Rules of Leadership

1. To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your principles.

2. The best way to succeed in politics is to find the crowd that's going somewhere and get in front of them.

No comments: