Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Only 31 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

I'm having a lazy, laid-back day today. I'm finishing up that last little bit of laundry. I'm enjoying the breeze from the lake.

My tomatoes have finally started ripening. I've got a bowl of them sitting on my countertop. Everytime I go by I grab a couple to munch on. I'm already starting to get that "I've been eating too many tomatoes" sore mouth feeling. I love vine-ripened tomatoes. Obviously. I don't think I'll have enough tomatoes to can from my vines, at least none that are ripe, but I plan to enjoy the ones I get.

Today is the first day of Fall? Really? Well, I suppose the trees must have figured it all out on their own. Fall colors are popping up all over the woods. The bees and hornets are stocking their hives for winter. The berries are done.

HTP went into town to pick up the paper on Sunday and felt out of place among all the camouflage-geared hunters. Bow-hunting. Hide Bambi! Hide! I haven't seen any deer. Really! I'm lying but don't tell the hunters. I saw three of them while hiking the logging road the other day. This doesn't mean that I don't eat venison. I just don't want to get to know my food on a personal basis. The venison that my sister gives me is nicely wrapped, cut into steaks and frozen. Her husband hunts. I prefer not to think about it as I'm grilling the steaks.

Murphyism of the Day

Horngren's Observation

Among economists, the real world is often a special case.

No comments: