Friday, September 17, 2004

Only 36 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

We left The Lake at 8 AM to pick #1 son up at college and we didn't get back here to The Lake until 8 PM. During this 12 hour period, six hours were spent on the drive to and fro. We dropped our dogs over at my folks for the day, drove to pick up #1 son, went to the bank, went shopping at Target and Home Depot, drove over to pick up HTP's parents to take them out to lunch. The food was awful but the beer was good. We took pictures. We drove HTP's parents back to their home. HTP fixed their computer. We went shopping at Cost Plus Marketplace where I found the bottles that I needed and the chocolate that I craved and #1 son found the frames that he was looking for, we drove some more, we went grocery shopping in the big city, and we went to pick up our dogs from my folks' place. I didn't work on #1 son's afghan at any time during our 12 hour adventure. I really need to work on it. Oh well...I cooked up bratwurst for our late supper, watched some of Monk and then talked on the phone with my daughter who called...in the middle of Monk. That's OK. It was a re-run. Anyway, it's time for bed but I thought I'd blog first. Blog, blog, blog. I'll blog again tomorrow...I hope. Plans for the day are: Drive #1 son into the big city so he can get a haircut. Visit thrift stores to buy and donate. Make a terrific spaghetti dinner for #1 son, HTP, and my folks.

Murphyism of the Day

The Guppy Law

When outrageous expenditures are divided finely enough, the public will not have enough stake in any one expenditure to squelch it.

Corollary

Enough guppies can eat a treasury.

No comments: