Thursday, September 23, 2004

Only 30 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

Spring sprang, summer was...kind of, and now Fall is falling. Yup, I have leaves falling. It's a pretty sight. I don't plan on raking any of those suckers. HTP is thinking about getting a leaf blower/sucker/shredder. More power to him. I plan to enjoy the sight...from a distance. I still feel, in my memory , all the blisters that were raised when I raked leaves as a child. I still smell the smell, in my memory, of burning leaves when they still allowed people to burn their leaves. If HTP wants to relive this time in his life, more power to him. I'll just sit quietly inside and enjoy the sight of leaves as they fall and dance in the breeze. The leaves will all disappear when the lawn is mowed. Why stress? But...maybe we could burn just one batch of leaves for old times sake? I wonder if I have to get a permit? I'll think about that later. When all the leaves have fallen. Not yet. No hurry. I plan to enjoy the moment.

Murphyism of the Day

Spencer's Laws of Accountancy

1. Trial balances don't.
2. Working capital doesn't.
3. Liquidity tends to run out.
4. Return on investments won't.

No comments: