Monday, September 20, 2004

Only 33 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

I finally got the chance to fully reconstruct the entertainment unit in the basement. The pieces have been down in our basement for at least a year. #1 son and his friend set up a TV and DVD player on part of the system which made the project a bit difficult. But now....the same TV and DVD player have left the building and have gone off to college. No more excuses. I took my trusty screwdriver down to the basement with me and tackled the puzzle pieces of the entertainment unit which were scattered about our basement retreat. I hope I got it right. It looks right. I suppose the proof will be when #1 son returns from college next spring with his TV and DVD player.

HTP made me some labels for the blackberry and raspberry vinegar that I made. Again...no more excuses. I bottled up the batch of raspberry vinegar that I'd been marinating in a bowl on the countertop. Now all the vinegar is nicely labeled and ready for gifting. I also started a batch of raspberry schnapps. It should be ready for drinking by Christmas...or it will be really really awful and I'll have to decide what to do with it. I've got a cordial recipe that uses the schnapps recipe as a base.

We're meeting with a forester tomorrow from the Department of Natural Resources. The taxes on our property here at The Lake have become increasingly burdensome. Unfortunately, the tax laws here in Wisconsin seem to favor developement rather then preservation. We're going to see what we can do to preserve.

Murphyism of the Day

Heisenberg Principle of Investment

You may know where the market is going, but your can't possibly know where it's going after that.

No comments: