Friday, September 24, 2004

Only 29 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

It's been one of those drippy dreary days today. It's not raining exactly...just mizzling. There is no real need for an umbrella. Anyway, it wasn't a good day to do much of anything outside so HTP and I drove into the city to go shopping. We had only a few things to buy on our list. Our first stop was in search of a light for the front of our garage, a light to replace the carriage light that fell apart last winter... or was it the winter before last. It doesn't matter. We found an acceptable replacement on display and it was even ON SALE. Have you ever heard of a "Sorry Slip"? I hadn't. Menard's gives out "Sorry Slip"s instead of what was once called "Rain Checks". OK. Cute. The light we wanted was out of stock so we had to obtain a "Sorry Slip". Next on our list was that neato leaf blower/sucker/shredder that HTP wanted. The leaf blower/sucker/shredder was ON SALE. The leaf blower/sucker/shredder was not there. We had to obtain another "Sorry Slip". Sigh. I bought some tulip/hyacinth/crocus/daffodil bulbs that were on display. I'll plant them later this week. Thankfully we had better luck at our next store. The produce was a bit pitiful but I was able to buy some broccoli and some lettuce. But I forgot the cottage cheese when I was sidetracked by the eggs. Oh well...HTP got his diet Barq's Rootbeer. We'll live without cottage cheese for a few more days. We ended our trip to the big city with an All-You-Can-Eat Fish Fry. I don't do fish but they also had shrimp and potatoes and salad and dessert. I'm full. I'm stuffed. I hate buffets. I always eat too much. All I want to do now is sit in front of the fireplace, watch TV (if there is anything worth watching) and work on that afghan that I've been meaning to work on. If there isn't anything on TV, I'll just have to listen to talk radio online and play Pogo. Actually...I might do that anyway because then I wouldn't have to actually move.

Murphyism of the Day

Price's Laws

1. If everybody doesn't want it, nobody gets it.
2. Mass man must be served by mass means.
3. Everything is contagious.

No comments: