Monday, September 06, 2004

Where does one put 30 quarts of tomatoes? I brought some of them down to the basement to store and the rest of them I put in boxes to bring back to Arizona. HTP wondered why I was putting boxes of canned goods in the living room. I told him that I didn't think I wanted to take them all down to the basement and then bring them all back up when we packed to go to Arizona. Made sense to me. Anyway, he wants me to stick them in the closet. I will...if we have company. In the meantime, they can stay in boxes in the corner of the living room. I put all the jam that I plan to bring to Arizona in that corner too. I'm going to bring two quarts of canned blackberries back to Arizona too. I'm going to try and make some wine when I get back to Arizona.

I was trying to think about what I was doing at this time last year. Checking my blog from back then I find that I was winterizing my garden. I won't have to do that until after first frost now. Good thing. My garden is just starting to produce. I'm looking forward still to tomatoes and more green beans. I won't be making pickles this year but I can enjoy cukes for salad and zucchini and summer squash on our table. I'm glad I'm not having to put my garden to bed. That can wait for at least a few more weeks, Mother Nature willing.

I picked berries again today and didn't see a single mosquito...or even a fleet of them. The blackberries are at their prime. I picked enough for dessert for the next few nights and another quart that I canned. I was going to go and check the garden for more green beans but it's Labor Day. In honor of Labor Day, I don't plan to pick any beans so I won't have to can any beans. I'll worry about that tomorrow. After I start the laundry and clean #1 son's room. Yes, he left his room in the basement in total disarray. It's a mess.

Murphyism of the Day

The Sausage Principle

People who love sausage and respect the law should never watch either one being made.


No comments: