Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Only 24 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

My tomatoes would have survived another night. It was 37°F this morning but it got down to 34°. Regardless, to be on the safe side, I picked all my tomatoes yesterday whether they were ripe or not. Any tomatoes that are even slightly "pink" are now sitting on my window sills soaking in the sun. I have 24# of green tomatoes for relish making. They can sit a while until I get the chance to buy peppers and onions and celery seed and my folks promise that they will supply a few more green tomatoes to the batch from their bushes. I also have some small green tomatoes that I plan to make into green tomato pickles. I can get started on that today.

Murphyism of the Day

Miles' Law

Where you stand depends upon where you sit.

Fibley's Extension of Miles' Law

Where you sit depends upon who you know.

No comments: