Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Word of the Day

Chessnut: One who thinks of nothing but playing chess.

I found out yesterday that I have an orchestra practice on Sunday. I also found out that I'm playing a clarinet duet this month during a Lenten service. I know all this because my friend, the musical director, stopped by yesterday to drop off the music I'll be needing. Surprise! That's OK. I really do love to play with the church orchestra. Actually, I love any opportunity to play my clarinet. I'm not all that good but where can you find a more forgiving audience then a church congregation? Despite this, I'd better get cracking instead of blogging. I really need to practice this new music. I don't want to test the faith too much.


Murphyism of the Day

Hutchinson's Law

If a situation requires undivided attention, it will occur simultaneously with a compelling distraction.

No comments: