Sunday, February 06, 2005

Word of the Day

Pathology: Study of roadmaps

Having drawn a blank when it comes to writing today, I decided to borrow a page from Uncle John's Ahhh-Inspiring Bathroom Reader. I mean I suppose I could have just ambled on about nothing but....

Homer VS. Homer

Homer the Greek

"It is the bold man who every time does his best."

"The charity that is a trifle to us can be precious to others."

"The fates have given mankind a patient soul."

"Nothing in the world is so incontinent as a man's accursed appetite."

"I detest he who hides one thing in his heart and means another."

"The man who acts the least, disrupts the most."

"A sympathetic friend can be quite as dear as a brother."

"Never, never was a wicked man wise."

"How mortals take the gods to task! Yet their afflictions come man, from us."

Homer the Simpson

"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step toward failure."

"You gave both dogs away? You know how I feel about giving!"

"Give me some peace of mind or I'll mop the floor with you!"

"Ahh, beer...I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer."

"But, Marge, it takes two people to lie: one to lie, and one to listen."

"It is better to watch things than to do them."

"Television--teacher, mother, secret lover!"

"I am so smart! S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T."

"I'm not normally a religious but if you're up there, save me, Superman!"

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Balance

Bad habits will cancel out good ones.

Example: The orange juice and granola you had for breakfast will be canceled out by the large caramel mocha coffee you picked up on the way to work and the candy bar you just bought.

No comments: