Thursday, February 24, 2005

Word of the Day

Mandals: Sandals for men.

I've got a rain gauge. Still no rain. As a matter of fact, all rain that was scheduled for California has disappeared as well. Interesting. Very interesting.

While the sun shined, my Mother and I attacked my trees. I've been itching to prune my trees but I couldn't do anything with them until the weather warmed up a bit. Mom loves to prune trees. I love to prune trees. Dueling pruning shears flashed in the sun. My trees are all pruned. They look a bit pitiful right now but I know that they'll grow...correctly. I don't like lollipop trees. I'm going for a shade canopy eventually. It'll take a few years before that happens but with careful, yearly pruning, the goal will be reached. Eventually. My Dad filled the roll of Chief Branch Collector and Disposal Agent. He's filled this position in the past. I now have a garbage can full of tree clippings.

Murphyism of the Day

Lemar's Parking Postulate

If you have to park six blocks away, you will find two new parking spaces right in front of the building entrance.

No comments: