Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Word of the Day

Dictionarexia: Compulsive dictionary reading for no particular purpose.

Today is my birthday. Another year older. I've decided to adopt a plan that my friend introduced after her fiftieth birthday. She's started to subtract one year on the occasion of each of her birthdays after that year. She's finally found a way to become younger then me. Oh well. Happy 49th Birthday to Me! If I take care of myself, maybe I'll make it back to my toddler years. Hopefully I won't toddle too much.

If you've got a daughter or son in boot camp, anytime you get a phone call with U.S. Gov. on the caller-ID, you tend to panic a bit. My heart was firmly lodged in my throat when I answered the phone this morning. Phew! It was just a Marine Corp recruiter calling to talk to my son. After I explained that #1 son wasn't living here anymore, I started laughing. The guy must have thought I was nuts. I explained about our daughter being at boot camp and he laughed along with me and apologized. Nothing personal, but I'd just as soon not get any U.S. Gov. phone calls.

Murphyism of the Day

Gourd's Axiom

A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are lost.

No comments: