Sunday, February 27, 2005

Word of the Day

Nose Plug: Nasal congestion due to a cold or allergies.

HTP made the coffee this morning. The first pot of it. I made the second pot. Anyway, coffee always tastes better if you're not the person who has to drag out the coffee grounds and filter and fill the pot with water. I make really good coffee but I got to sleep in this morning instead, which is even better.

I can't believe that I actually slept until 8 AM this morning. Wow! No. I mean it. When I was younger, BC (Before Children), I used to sleep until 9 AM. When I was even younger then that, BHTP (Before Husband Type Person) and even BUC (Before University Classload), I would sleep in until 11 AM...on the weekends. School of any kind tends to make you get up early. Now, I tend to wake up at 5 AM or even earlier. Leftovers from RB&C (Raising Babies & Children). Now that the children have all grown and left the nest, I just haven't been able to get into the AC (After Children) sleep habit. They say that you don't need too much sleep as you get older. Bull-hockey. Well...maybe I'm just not old enough yet to experience this. I need a full 8 hours still. Mostly, I wake up early out of the RB&C habit. I'm told that it takes longer to develop a habit then it takes to break a habit. Especially if that habit tends to be a good habit. Maybe I'll work on breaking this particular habit.

Murphyism of the Day

McKee's Law

When you're not in a hurry, the traffic light will turn green as soon as your vehicle comes to a complete stop.

No comments: