Saturday, February 19, 2005

Word of the Day

Gnawty: A teething puppy.

Good Grief! It's raining again. I feel like we're living in Oregon again. Not Arizona. I know. We need the rain. We need the rain. We need the rain. Yup. We need the rain. Pffft. It's all HTP's fault. He sprayed the weeds in the front yard. He must have done a heck of a job of it because it started raining within 3 hours of his doing this(all of the spray has long since been washed away), and it's only stopped for a matter of an hour here and an hour there. Or I suppose if you want to believe the conspiracy theorists, the U.S. government have developed a weather machine and our desert will soon become a tropical paradise. Irregardless, I'm tired of all this wet. I'm the one who has to hike out to the mailbox in the rain, balancing a rarely used umbrella (I had to knock the dust off of it). The mailbox is a couple of wet and sloppy blocks away. I suppose I could drive over there but I just can't bring myself to be that lazy. As always, things could be worse. I could be a golfer. Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain! I don't golf.

Murphyism of the Day

Jenning's Law

The chance of bread falling with the buttered side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.

No comments: