Sunday, February 13, 2005

Word of the Day

Dashboard: Sprint officials

Sunday. I got up early. I sorted through the music that I should have sorted through as soon as I got it last week. I prepped my music. This means taping and music that has more then two pages, using my three-hole punch so that the music can be put into my music folder, and making sure that my music is in the proper order. While all this was going on, I fed the dogs and reheated a cup of coffee from yesterday's pot and brewed a new pot. I went outside and got the paper. I even had time to watch about 5 minutes of Fox News before I headed out the door.

The drive to the church takes about 30 minutes. It shouldn't take 30 minutes but there is all kinds of road construction between my house and the church. It takes 30 minutes to get from my house to the church. If the road construction is ever concluded successfully, the trip may take 20 minutes. Maybe. I'll have to get up earlier next Sunday, taking into account the 30 minute drive and the fact that I'll have to be there one hour earlier then I had to get there today.

I got to the church on time to find out that our church orchestra had shrunk to something about the size of a small chamber orchestra. Twelve of us? That's OK. We still sounded good. This was a practice but I was told that due to a conflict in schedules, our numbers would not increase by next Sunday when we'll be playing for two services. We'll do our best which isn't all that bad.

After our practice, I drove on back home, stopping just long enough to do some shopping at our local Target Store. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Enough said.

Murphyism of the Day

Johnson's Law

If you miss one issue of any magazine, it will be the issue that contained the article, story or installment you were most anxious to read.

Corollary

All of your friends either missed it, lost it or threw it away.

No comments: