Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Word of the Day

Gadgetated - Annoyance of fiddly things.

I'm just coming down from this morning's exercise. DD Daughter and I walked to the clubhouse. A mile. Then, she showed me how to use all that neato exercise equipment there. And...she showed me how to use one of those huge exercise balls. I'm really tempted to buy one but since there do seem to be three of them in the exercise room and I don't have a whole lot of room here to put one, I'll pass. Besides, the clubhouse is only a mile away. If I get really lazy, I can even drive there. Anyway, after our exercise, DD Daughter jogged back to our house. I followed at a more sedate pace. Maybe, when/if I can get back into some sort of shape, I'll start jogging too. As it is...the exercise buzz is starting to fade. DD Daughter tells me that it's best to do this every other day.

Yesterday, we went to get facials at a salon spa. Really nice. I plan to go back in a month to do it again. Loved it. Of course, they always try to talk you into buying products. I refrained. I already have stuff. Maybe when I run out of what I have I'll think of buying some of their products.

After our facials, we walked the Mall and grabbed a bite to eat at The Cheese Factory where we were joined by my other daughter. And we continued shopping. One of my favorite stores was going out of business so I let my daughters talk me into buying a new suit...two new suits. Well...at least I'll have something to wear to church. However...if I keep exercising and lose a bunch of weight. You know...you just can't win...even when it comes to losing weight.

And so...it's laundry day. Laundry Day doesn't go away just because DD Daughter is here and just because I'm starting to feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Murphyism of the Day

Winger's Rule

If it sits on your desk for fifteen minutes, you've just become the expert.

No comments: