Saturday, November 26, 2005

Word of the Day

Heartquake - The phenomenon of an earthquake taking place in the heart.

DD Daughter and I did go out shopping yesterday. I figured that it would be safe because all the real crazies would have cleared out of the mall by the time we got there at around 7 PM. I was wrong. I had someone with jigjaggy multi-colored hair with white stars on her face come up to tell me that she loved me. Blink. Thank you? Anyway, I got almost all the rest of my Christmas shopping done. Yeah! I still need to do the stocking stuffer thing but aside from that I'm pretty much done.

This morning DD Daughter and I packed up boxes to send to GI Joe and some Marines that we know who are currently deployed in Iraq. It's one thing to get stuff to send to them (that's the fun part), it's quite another thing to have to fill out customs forms. Let's see...one Santa hat, cost? weight? How much does on beanie baby weigh? A candy bar? What price do you put on homemade beef jerky? They really expect you to be specific. I hate filling out forms. And then the custom forms aren't exactly military friendly when it comes to which part of the address fits on which line. FPO, APO, AE? Sigh. I did my best. All the boxes and forms are in the hands of the United States Post Office right now. I stood in line for an hour (not bad considering the time of year) and the gal who took my boxes didn't give me an ounce of grief. Probably didn't want to see a MOM go postal.

Human Imponderable of the Day

If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

No comments: