Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Word of the Day

Freezerkill - Commercial frozen food dinners or entrees.

I knew I was in trouble when I made my hair appointment for today. I called my hairdresser and asked for Nicole. "Nicole? There's never been a Nicole here?" Ouch! There was too a Nicole but that was six months ago. Apparently, there's been an employee turnover. Ah well, I dug out the recipe that Nicole formulated for my hair color and brought it with me to the appointment. Afterall, if the hairdresser in little Rice Lake could follow the recipe and make my hair look good, surely this hairdresser would have similar success. You'd think so but.... Wrong. Even she saw the problem right off the bat after the color was allowed to set and the solution rinsed and shampooed out of my hair. My roots were one color and the rest of my hair a distinct color that didn't match the root color. Groan! This has happened to me in the past but I'd hoped that I'd never have to experience it again. I REALLY hate getting my hair done by people who don't know what they're doing. OK. She fixed it...kinda. "If it really bothers you after a you've shampoo'd it a few times, come on back and I'll fix it." Her explanation was that I had a mineral build up in my hair and that's why it didn't work out right. Blink. I've had my hair colored countless times and this rarely happens unless someone screws up. Am I mad? Am I upset? I did pay a whole lot of money to have my hair messed up but there's more important things to get mad about. It'll fade. Do I dare go back to her? Probably not. I do hate shopping for a new hairdresser but it looks like I'll have to screw up my courage and look for someone new. Thankfully, I hope I don't have to go shopping for a new hairdresser for another month or until I can't stand this two-toned look anymore. Maybe no-one will notice. Groan!

Murphyism of the Day

Boren's Laws

1. When in doubt, mumble.
2. When in trouble, delegate.
3. When in charge, ponder.

No comments: