Monday, October 31, 2005

Word of the Day

Freeality - Combination of freedom and reality.

Happy Halloween!

HTP still thinks that I should have bought a few bags of candy....just in case we get trick-o-treaters. Hah! I know my husband. We will not be getting any trick-o-treaters and we all know what he'd do with those treats. What I'd be doing with those treats.

My fountain is now functional. HTP fashioned a screen to cover my goldfish cave. Now I can buy goldfish that I can actually enjoy seeing because they won't be able to hide in the cave anymore. I scrubbed the fountain yesterday to get rid of all the accumulated desert dust and debris. Today, I made sure that the screen that HTP devised was secure. I installed the plug, filled the fountain and...we have visual and sound. I love it. HTP still has to turn the water on to my frog spitter but I'm sure he'll do that today sometime. He also has to turn on the lights for the backyard. We keep forgetting that but the fountain looks so much better at night when the light hits it. I'm going to spend the day today enjoying the sight and sound of my fountain while reading a book.

My Devil Dog Daughter is flying to Omaha today. She's done with her schooling and it's off to her permanent duty station at Camp Pendleton. She doesn't have to report until November 15th so she'll have time to pick up a load of stuff in Omaha along with her cats and truck, visit with her in-laws, and then drive out to see us here in Arizona before continuing on to California. She's never actually seen our "new" house here in Arizona. Maybe I'll take her over to the clubhouse and she can show me how to use the exercise machines or we'll play a round of pool. Or...we'll just play it by ear. She hasn't had much "me" time and she's earned it. HTP and I figure that she'll want some real Mexican food...and some good hot and sour soup with crab rangoon. Wish my sister lived nearby. She makes the best crab rangoon and hot and sour soup.
At least I know of a pretty good restaurant that serves both that's not too far away.

Murphyism of the Day

Rayburn's Rule

If you want to get along, go along.

No comments: