Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Word of the Day

Folicoliosis - The irresistible urge to constantly change the color of your hair.

Recovery Day. I don't know why I always seem to have to the urge to tackle EVERYTHING at once. I may know that Rome wasn't built in a day but I still insist on trying. As I get older, my body doesn't hesitate to let me know when it's had enough of my attempts. All right, all ready. I'll wait until Saturday to finish pruning. I'm sure my fingernails will appreciate the respite.

HTP has run off to research his Italian ancestors at the Mesa Family History Center. After six months in Wisconsin, he's been eager to get at his archival tapes that they have saved on file for him there.

When we were at my folks place in Vegas, my Mom gave me some pomegranates from her tree. I've been really enjoying them. Today I juiced up the last of them. I found a recipe for Pomegranate Margaritas on the net. They sounded great! I still have my own pomegranates on my own tree. I figure they'll be just fine out there. I'll pick them as I want to use them...or if I notice that they may want to split. I'm not sure why my pomegranates didn't split like some of my Mom's pomegranates. Maybe they're growing in a shadier location or more protected location. I wonder if exposure to too much sun or too much reflected sun might be the cause of the splitting?

Murphyism of the Day

Third Law of Procrastination

Status is gained in the eyes of others, and in one's own eyes, because it is assumed that the importance of the work justifies the stress.

No comments: