Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Word of the Day

Fictumentary - A movie inspired by actual occurrences but having taken creative license with some events.

I took down all the hummingbird feeders yesterday. And it wasn't easy. There was at least 1/2 cup of dead wasps in one of them. That isn't something that I care for so I may have to see if there is something I can do next year about replacing that feeder. Yuck! I ended up having to take out the wasp spray to kill the wasps that just wouldn't go away before I could even touch the feeders. Then...I had to clean the windows because the wasp spray got all over the windows. Anyway, the feeders are all washed and ready for next year's hummingbirds.

Today I took down all the windchimes, my windsock, the rain gauge, and the seed-feeders and I brought in the one hose that I keep on the upper deck. Oh...and I cleaned and took in the lawn furniture that had been left out on the downstairs patio. I know, I could have left most of that for later in the week but now it's done and I don't have to think about it. Besides, it's really nice to be able to check off things from my To Do List.

My Dad brought his van over this morning. We store my folks' van in our garage here over the winter along with our boat and one of our cars. Good thing we have a fairly large garage. I'll have to make sure to remind HTP that my folks' van has two batteries and both of them need to be disconnected over the winter. I know that he knows this already but it makes me look intelligent when I tell him things like that.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Socio-Economics

In a hierarchical system, the rate of pay for a given task increases in inverse ratio to the unpleasantness and difficulty of the task.

No comments: