Saturday, October 08, 2005

Word of the Day

Beelzebug - Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

It's my Devil Dog Daughter's Birthday today! Happy Birthday LCpl Mink! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday Dear LCpl Mink! Happy Birthday to You!

What a year she's had! I never imagined that since her last birthday she would have enlisted in the Marines, that she'd survive bootcamp and we'd get to see her proudly receive her Eagle, Globe, and Anchor pin as she became an official U.S. Marine, that she would survive MCT despite injuries, that we'd get to proudly watch as she married her GI Joe, that she'd have experienced your first hurricane, that she's receive her first promotion from PFC to LCpl.,....I mean the list of things that she's seen and done since her last birthday is enormous.

Happy Birthday LCpl. Mink! We love you very much!

So...what am I doing today? I made spinach dip to bring over to HTP's brother's place tomorrow, an appetizer, and I cut up all the ingredients that I need to make a Caesar Salad that I'm going to bring. I'll toss it all together when we get there. Done and did. And, because #1 son is home for the weekend. Laundry. I'm going to break from tradition next week too. I'm going to do laundry on Friday next week because we'll be hitting the open road on Saturday. One must have clean clothes to wear.

Murphyism of the Day

The Army Axiom (I suppose this would apply to any branch of the military)

Any order that can be misunderstood has been misunderstood.

No comments: