Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Word of the Day

Glibido - All talk and no action.

All told, we got a bit more than eight inches since yesterday morning. We've had a bit more rain today but I think we're done with the heavy stuff. Even though they were predicting snow for tomorrow, I have my doubts...even if it is snowing in The Dakotas and parts of Minnesota.

I drove over to the other side of The Lake to check on family members' cabins. I had to draw on an old science lesson to clear one tree off the driveway. It was a lot heavier than I was expecting and my saw didn't want to cut through it. I found a nice solid branch to use as a lever and levered the log off to the side of the road...bit by bit. Hey! It worked.

With all the rain that came down in such a short period of time, water must have been released from the dam. The water level in the lake has risen. I'm glad we pulled our dock last weekend. The water level has risen to the top of our bottom concrete stair and is lapping at the wheel of our dock. That's a full foot higher than it was on Saturday which I suppose makes sense since I hear that other areas got even more rain then we did.

HTP went off to visit the dentist today. Our Orkin guy told us that one of the roads that HTP had planned to use to get to the dentist, was flooded so he had to use an alternate route today. Maybe things will have cleared out some by tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

Match's Maxim

A fool in a high station is like a man on the top of a high mountain; everything appears small to him and he appears small to everyone.

No comments: