Monday, October 24, 2005

Word of the Day

Foebia - Fear of the enemy.

Today is my Arizona daughter's husband's birthday. Happy Birthday TJ! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday Dear TJ! Happy Birthday to You! And many more.

HTP and I finished planting the rest of the plants this morning. We still have a lot of work to do but...hey...as I said earlier, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Wilma managed to hit pretty close to home today. TJ's Mom lives in Florida. He called me this morning to see if I could call her for him. He wasn't able to reach her with their cell phone. I guess the towers must have been out. I called her and got her answering machine. That could be a good sign, if she HAS an answering machine. Or, if she's got one of those phone company answering systems that aren't wired to your phone? I don't know what she has. I'm hoping that this means that her place is high and dry and that she safely evacuated to her brother's place or a shelter. Anyway, I called TJ and told him that I left a message on his Mom's answering machine. He felt loads better and since it's his birthday, that's a good thing.

Murphyism of the Day

Second Law of Procrastination

Procrastination reduces anxiety by reducing the expected quality of a project from the best of all possible efforts to the best that can be expected given the limited time.

No comments: