Sunday, October 23, 2005

Word of the Day

Flusterating - So frustrating that it flusters you.

In the first batch of mail that came to us here in Arizona, we found a notice from our HOA (sent in September and for some unknown reason not forwarded on to us in Wisconsin). We were given ten days to replace our dead and dying plants. Of course, that ten days has come and gone. Pffft! Ah well...HTP and I went out today and bought three plants (along with another to replace a plant that died in our backyard...we don't get dinged for stuff dying in our backyard unless it involves flies and stinky smells). And while I was at it, I bought some annuals and some tomato plants and a couple of pepper plants. I think I went a little overboard. I love going to nurseries and we visited three today. Anyway, the three plants that died in our front yard (lantana, which I'm not all that fond of even when it looks healthy) over the long hot summer have been replaced with three new plants which I hope will prove to be hardier (natal plum, boxwood beauty). I'll plant the hibiscus and the annuals in the backyard tomorrow. I don't want to overdo things on our second day home.

Murphyism of the Day

First Law of Procrastination

Procrastination shortens the job and places the responsibility for its termination on someone else (the authority who imposed the deadline).

No comments: