Saturday, October 15, 2005

Word of the Day

Faction - The opposite of fiction.

Woohoo! Free High Speed Internet! I can blog. At least I can tonight. Tomorrow? We'll have to wait and see.

Road Trip - Day 1

We left The Lake at 8 AM and met up with my folks in Menomonie. OK...I'm not sure about the spelling of that town but...it's close...or it's right. But I am sure that we met up with my folks there at around 9:30 AM. From there we proceeded to Woodbury where HTP and I filled up our gas hog. Apologies to all you environmentalists and radical anti-gas hoggers but believe me when I tell you that our SUV is packed from top to bottom with nary a space left-over to more then breath....and not too deeply at that.

We stopped for lunch at Clear Lake. Culvers...of course. Can't beat those butter burgers. And I had the flavor of the day for their frozen custard. Naughty me.

Our next gas stop was in Des Moines. Filler up. I took over driving my folks' car and HTP continued on. I drive faster than HTP so passed him up and lead the way to Cameron. We arrived at our motel at around 5:15PM.

We had supper at a steakhouse here in Cameron. CT's. Very Good! I'm just writing this so I can remember should we decide to stop there again some day. It'll be an early night tonight because we'll have an early start tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Triviality

The time spent on any item of the agenda will be in inverse proportion to the sum involved.

No comments: