Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Word of the Day

Gigafryte - A major scare.

I started the morning with the long walk to the clubhouse, followed by a counter- rotation using the weight machines, two series of 25 sit-ups on the balance ball and ending with the long walk back home. I noted that the other people at the clubhouse workout room seem to drive to the clubhouse. Their routine seems to be to spend 20 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical or bikes, followed by a rotation using the weight machines and then finishing with another 20 minute session on the treadmill. Treadmills and stationary bikes have never been my thing. I did try the elliptical but.... You just walk and walk and walk and you never actually get anywhere. What's the fun of that. So...for right now, I'll do my "treadmill" thing by walking to and from the clubhouse. At least I get to meet and greet the neighbors enroute and I'm actually getting someplace in the process. Besides, the weather has been willing. I must say though that this exercise thing is a bit like taking a cold shower. You know you'll feel a lot better after the shower but it's hard to psych yourself up to getting into that shower. Ah well...I've done it twice now. Monday and Wednesday. I just have Friday and Sunday....and Tuesday and Thursday and Saturday and ....you get the idea.

Camp Furball - Day Four

Everyone has seemed to settle in. MiMao greeted me at the door. She decided that my legs needed a good rubbing. If she had claws, my jeans would have been in shreds. Everyone needed patting. I found my cat brush so Taye got brushed. He didn't seem to mind. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Human Imponderable of the Day

Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?

No comments: