Sunday, November 13, 2005

Word of the Day

Geeology - Study of wonderment.

Well, DD Daughter has hit the trail, on her way to Camp Pendleton. My guest room has been turned into a cat refugee camp. I'm cat-sitting for DD Daughter until she can arrange for an apartment near her base. So...let me introduce the cats. There's Taye. He's a light colored, long-haired furball with blue eyes. Very friendly. Very furry. Dumb as a brick. Then there's Todd. Aka Wheezy. He's a shorthair. He's taken to removing my books from the shelves in the guest room. DD Daughter hasn't figured out the reason for that but since he's so smart, maybe he's decided that he likes to read romance novels. Todd wheezes when he purrs and then there's the occasional gasp between wheezes. He loves attention but backs off when the wheezing and gasping get to be too much. I've seen the third cat. Her name is MiMao. She's shy. As soon as I walk into the room, she disappears under the bed. Anyway, she's a furball too. Long hair. Dark...Brown? Anyway, I spent an hour at Camp Furball this afternoon, lying on the bed and reading a book so that they wouldn't get lonely. Taye sat on my head. Todd took a guard position at the foot of the bed and MiMao remained hidden...under the bed. I'm told that I need to feed them one scoop of food per day and clean the litter box once a week. Oh...and if I can find my old cat brush? I'm told that Taye really needs to be brushed, but he hates it.

Murphyism of the Day

The Ordering Principle

Those supplies necessary for yesterday's experiment must be ordered no later than tomorrow noon.

No comments: