Sunday, November 20, 2005

Word of the Day

Grim reapercussions - Consequences of drinking and driving.

I raced out and did my morning exercise. Twenty minutes power-walk to the clubhouse, twenty minutes with the machines and the balance ball, twenty minutes power-walk back home. It wasn't easy today. They were serving a pancake breakfast at the clubhouse and the smell was wafting into the exercise room. Not good. I didn't weaken but I think the fumes may have added two inches to my thighs.

If the breakfast fumes didn't add the inches, my lunch did. I met a friend this morning. We went hunting together. I love going to Savers. It's the thrift store run by The Boys' and Girl's Club of America. Anyway, we hunted the aisles for used clothing. I picked up some used books along with a huge sack full of tops. I always figure that if I get tired of the clothes, I won't feel so guilty if when I donate it at a later date. Anyway, after our Savers shopping expedition, we ate lunch at Seranos. A Mexican restaurant. Very good! I'm sure I ate too much but I felt justified because I didn't have any breakfast. Wrong thinking but at least I know it.

After lunch we decided to investigate a new Sam's Club that had recently opened. I haven't a clue why I can't seem to enter a Sam's Club or a Costco with out exiting with more than I ever thought I'd buy. HTP knows that I shouldn't go to Costco without his expert guidance. Oh well...I got some Christmas shopping done and I got this wonderful caramel apple walnut crunch pie that I'm going to serve for Thanksgiving dessert.

But my shopping/hunting expedition didn't stop with Sam's Club. After I dropped my friend off at her home, I continued on to Bashas ( a local grocery store here in Arizona). I just remembered. I forgot to buy the beef roast that I was going to grind up to make beef jerky. Argh! Oh well...no room in the fridge anyway. Maybe I'll try again after Thanksgiving. Anyway, I filled the back of the Gator with all kinds of food and food making stuff that I'll be using to make Thanksgiving dinner. I've got cranberries, an aluminum pan for the turkey, extra wide aluminum foil, canned sweet potatoes, brown sugar because I couldn't remember if I had any and I didn't check, marshmallows, canned pineapple, french-cut green beans, cream of chicken soup.... Well...you get the idea. Lots of stuff. Oh...stuffing mix and bread to make stuffing. I even bought sage...and then found out that I must have enough sage now with what I found in the pantry to feed the entire U.S. fleet. I guess I'd better do a better job at list making next time.

So. I staggered back in the door with all my treasures. Miller Time. Actually, Pinot Grigio time. I bought some individual serving size bottles of Pinot Grigio. I don't usually do this but I need the bottles. I'm going to use them to bottle my strawberry liqueur that I want to send to my fellow MOM's. But first I have to drink the Pinot Grigio....two down, six to go.

Camp Furball - Day Eight

I just checked with HTP. He tells me that all has been quiet at Camp Furball. Of course, unless one of them had actually escaped and tapped him on his shoulder...he wouldn't have noticed. I just checked. All three of DD's babies were happily reclining on various parts of the bed. Taye prefers the pillow region.

Human Imponderable of the Day

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

No comments: