Saturday, November 19, 2005

Word of the Day

Gnawty - A teething puppy.

My turkey has been thawing in the fridge since Wednesday. I plan to go shopping for groceries tomorrow. I hope they don't run low on things. I should have bought things this last week but couldn't summon the energy. Besides, we only have the one car.

I went outside today to read my book and listen to the fountain. It became apparent that what I really wanted to do was find a nice sunny spot in the yard to curl up in. Soaking in the vitamin D and cancer-causing rays of the sun. Ah well...I never can sit still for too long so I think I'm pretty safe from the later.

Camp Furball - Day Seven

Our three happy campers almost escaped into the main house today. I caught them before they actually executed the plan. The door was just slightly open a crack and a small paw was in the process of pulling the door all the way open. Any cat that pulls books off a shelf to read is smart enough to pull open doors. My attention was drawn to the situation when the mad banging and flipping of the door handle ceased. I no longer startle at these noises. No mad home invader is attempting to break into our home. It's just DD's cats making all that noise. A mad home invader would probably make less noise about it. As I entered the room, all three cats were poised for escape and looking extremely guilty. I redirected their attention to the pursuit of food and then played with them for a while with that featherduster thingy that DD calls a cat-teaser. She warned me never to leave it in the room alone with the cats because they'll just kill it. From the rough attention I got while playing with them, I don't doubt it for a minute.

Human Imponderable of the Day

Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?

No comments: