Monday, November 28, 2005

Word of the Day

Hectivity - Very busy; lots of activity, turmoil, haste

'Tis the season.... This morning was spent at the Post Office...again. DD Daughter forgot something that she needed so it was off to the Post Office for me. I arrived at the crowded Post Office at around 8:30 AM and took a number. #99. They were working on #84. That was OK. I needed to fill out the Express mail forms and get one of the special flat-rate Express envelopes. There were six chained pens at the Post Office. Only one of them worked. I waited my turn. As I was filling out the paperwork and sealing the envelope, I set my number down. It never occurred to me that there would actually be a slimball at the Post Office who would steal someone's number. After getting everything ready, I looked around for my number slip. No number slip. Did I drop it? It was nowhere to be seen. I got a new number. #03. Sigh. I really am too nice. I never said a word as the slimball who stole my number waltzed up to the counter when #99 was called. I really, really hope that he felt a smidge of guilt or the burn of my glare as he used my number. Do slimballs feel guilt?

I've started Christmas preparations. My first draft of our annual Christmas letter is filed into my computer. I need to get some Christmas cards and stationary but that'll have to wait. I forgot to buy stamps. I've been to the Post Office twice already and I forgot to buy Christmas stamps? Oh well...tomorrow? I decorated the outside of the house and I packed away the Thanksgiving stuff. Oh...I need to buy some new Christmas candles for the dining room table too. I guess I'll have to start a list. I'd better check if I have Christmas wrap and ribbons too. I did drag the Christmas tree out of the garage. Tonight? Maybe I'll set it up tonight.

Camp Furball Update

I've taken over the daily operation of Camp Furball. All three inmates are doing well. It got a tad cold overnight (32°F) but Camp Furball warmed up after I closed the window and turned off the ceiling fan.

Human Imponderable of the Day

Hectivity - Very busy; lots of activity, turmoil, haste.

No comments: