Friday, November 03, 2006

Word of the Day

Undercast - Low altitude weather; smog.

The phone has been ringing off the hook. Although we have our phone number on a No Call list, this doesn't stop Pollsters, Vote for Me'ers, himmers or her'ers, or Petitioners for charity from making full use of our phone number. It's becoming rather irritating. The In-Box of my e-mail account is filling up with Vote for Me'ers and Him/Her'ers too. I'm not eligible to vote here in Arizona so all your calls and e-mails in regard to Arizona ballot measures and candidates are for naught. I have to admit that the ballot initiatives here in Arizona are far more interesting than those at The Lake and it would be rather fun to vote here again but as long as The Lake is my home residence...I can't vote here in Arizona. I wonder if my phone at The Lake is ringing off the hook. Oh well...it's too late for any of you all anyway. I've voted. So has HTP.

I've cut down on my coffee consumption. I started on this when I was still at The Lake. I'm down to one cup of coffee a day. This doesn't mean that I've given up on caffeine. I've rediscovered a love for tea. Caffeinated tea. I've never understood why people even bother drinking tea or coffee if they're going to go and ruin it by de-caffeinating it. You'd think the process that they use to de-caffeinate something would be worse than leaving the caffeine in. There are herbal teas that don't have caffeine but I gag on herbal teas. They just aren't for me. They all taste too sweet and flowery. Blech! I'm drinking tea with lemon...or lime. I think I'm feeling better because of it. Or maybe it's a case of "I feel a lot better now that I've gone into denial." Whatever. At least it doesn't matter how cold the tea gets as it cools in my mug. I can drink tea at any temperature. Such is not the case with coffee. I've never been able to drink iced coffee...and I have tried. Arizona Daughter seems to like the icy confections that they serve up at those coffee shops but I've never been fond of them. Too sweet. Besides, no matter how slowly I sip on one of those blended ice drinks, I end up getting a brain-freeze headache. I don't drink frozen margaritas either. Or Slurpees. Or...well...you get the idea.

I swear that almost every pen in this house has dried up or has run out of ink over the summer! It's driving me totally crazy that I can't find one functioning pen! Dang it!

Murphyism of the Day

Dingle's Law

When somebody drops something, everybody will kick it around instead of picking it up.

****

Noteworthy Qoute of the Day

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -- Mark Twain

No comments: