Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Word of the Day

Vicidance - A victory dance.

I made an apple pie yesterday. It turned out great! I love that pie crust recipe. Even I can't mess it up. HTP wondered why I'd made the pie yesterday. Thanksgiving isn't until Thursday. I told him that I wanted a piece of apple pie. With a chunk of extra sharp cheddar cheese. That's why I made an apple pie yesterday. My mood improved ten-fold as I bit into a warm slice of apple pie and nibbled on my chunk of cheddar. I won't make the pumpkin pie until Wednesday night. I figure that if there's any of the apple pie left for Thanksgiving, people can choose between having Pumpkin Toffee Pie or Apple Pie. If not...they'll just have to settle for the pumpkin pie. It's not like we're going to have a crowd of people over here for Thanksgiving.

I'm hurrying with the laundry today because we need to go see a man about a car at 2 PM. All morning HTP has been talking to a car dealer....yesterday too...and last week. It looks like we're going to be buying that Chevy Impala Super Sport today. Red. Sun-roof. Shiny wheels....no chrome. Ebony interior. We decided that we didn't like the neutral interior...too white. Dirt magnet. We haven't actually seen the actual car that we plan to buy as yet. The car just came onto the lot yesterday afternoon. It was enroute when HTP saw it on the inventory list and started nosing around with the internet salesperson.

Murphyism of the Day

Chapman's Law

Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

******

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor Roosevelt-

No comments: