Monday, November 13, 2006

Word of the Day

Utmostrageous - Utmostly outrageous!!!

I've decided that I'm not fond of jug wine. The Chablis is just too sweet to gag down anymore. I know that it goes against my teachings but I think this stuff would work just fine as a garbage disposal sanitizer. I need the jugs but at $7.99/jug, I'm not going to feel too guilty about chucking the wine that fills the jugs. OK...I'll drink one glass of wine per jug. That way I'm not totally wasting the stuff. And no...I won't cook with it. You shouldn't cook with any wine that you wouldn't want to drink.

I spent some time before breakfast this morning re-potting some of my houseplants. I noticed that they'd become pot-bound over the summer while they were visiting at my friend's house. Re-potting is always a bit of an iffy proposition for me. My Mom has a lot better track record of this but there was no getting around the fact that the re-potting HAD to be done. Even I could see that there wasn't much dirt left in the pots that wasn't choked with roots. Then...I just planted the mini-roses that I bought the other day outside. I'm not sure if they'll actually survive or not. Again, I haven't got a good track record when it comes to miniature rose bushes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. At least they looked nice as temporary houseplants. Now...I just need to go out and buy a couple more temporary houseplants with pretty flowers. I'm going to hold off until closer to Thanksgiving. I really don't need more houseplants right now.

Ummmm....speaking of pot, potting and re-potting. HTP and I both grew up in the era of....ummmm....pot, pot smokers and love beads. The aroma of said pot is something you just can't mistake or forget. Anyway, HTP and I were minding our own business, discussing cars, when a familiar, unforgettable aroma wafted in the open windows by my computer desk. I told you that the houses here are REALLY close. Anyway, we concluded that one of our neighbors might be....ummmm... Purely medicinal I'm sure.

We're still thinking about getting a new car. Thinking. HTP just called to find out the insurance rates on the cars that we're "thinking" about maybe buying. I'll keep you posted.

Murphyism of the Day

Wilson's Law

A person's rank is in inverse relation to the speed of his speech.

No comments: