Monday, November 20, 2006

Word of the Day

Vertizontal - A better way to say diagonal.

I decided that it really didn't matter today which side of the bed I got out of when I got up this morning. It was the wrong side of the bed. I had no choice. The dogs wanted to go out. The dogs wanted to be fed. My first indication of my mood was my reaction to finding the windows that I'd opened last night, closed in our bedroom this morning when I woke up. I'd spent the entire night totally over-heated and hot, kicking off covers and tossing and turning because apparently it was windy out and HTP didn't like the sound of our windchimes. ARGH!!!!! He closed the windows and I didn't figure why I was getting so hot until this morning. I suppose I could blame my mood on PMS if I wasn't long past the age of PMS.

Despite my crummy mood, I decided that I'm going to make my own pie crust instead of using the pre-made "just un-roll it and bake" crusts that I bought at the store the other day. My pie crust recipe has to "rest" in the fridge for at least a day before I dare roll it out. Good thing. There is no way that I could ever roll out a flakey crust and bake an edible pie with my current mood. I suspect that I'm going through coffee withdrawal symptoms. It's a good thing HTP is off researching ancestors. And...he's promised to bring pizza home for supper.

Murphyism of the Day

Second Law of the Corporation

Any action for which there is no logical explanation will be deemed "company policy".

*****

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. -Erma Bombeck-

No comments: