Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Word of the Day

Webring - A gift you give your cyber wife.



On the Second Day of Getting Ready for Christmas.....

In between getting the laundry done, I managed to unbury the Christmas box that I keep in our closet. I've got an Easter Box and a Halloween Box...which also serves as a Thanksgiving Box but that's another tale for another season. They're buried too. Anyway, as I was saying, the Christmas box got buried under the suitcases that we hadn't stored away because we're going to be needing them on Friday...and then again next Tuesday. In the Christmas box, I keep various Christmas decorations that I don't want to keep in the garage. Candles. Candles melt. The garage is hot. I don't store candles in the garage. I also keep my Twelve Days of Christmas figures in a box in that box. Oh...and countless other little things that help make Christmas look a bit like Christmas. Anyway, I now have most of my Christmas decorations tucked here and there wherever things might fit. The things that don't fit remain in The Christmas Box. I put out my silk poinsettia plants. I put out the nutcracker figures that my daughters and I made at the church. My door wreath is gracing the front door. I substituted green party lights for the regular lights in my exterior carriage lights and added velveteen bows. That's the extent of my exterior light show. I've got my metal Santa and metal Snowman set out...guarding my front door. That's as far as I'm going to decorate the exterior of the house...well...I still need to put out my frog angels. Those will have to wait until tomorrow. I also hung up the Christmas crewel work pictures that I stitched along with a counted cross-stitch picture which I also stitched...when I had more patience...and when I my eye-sight was a lot better. One would think that all my preparations for Christmas would be complete at this point. (Old Grey Frog exits laughing hysterically....)


Murphyism of the Day

Bunuel's Law

Overdoing things is harmful in all cases, even when it comes to efficiency.

*****

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"He has Van Gogh's ear for music." -- Billy Wilder

No comments: