Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Word of the Day

Visable - An item you can purchase using your Visa card, because Visa is everywhere you want to be...

We have a new car. We had it here at our house for a while anyway. Unfortunately, a UFL was sighted. Unidentified Fluid Leak. Coolant? Transmission fluid? I guess if we actually knew, it wouldn't have been a UFL. It would have been an IFL. Identified Fluid Leak. The dealer sent a tow truck to retrieve our new vehicle to figure out and fix the problem and hopefully return our brand new car. Today? Only The Shadow knows. (I've been listening to old time radio shows on our XM radio...can you tell?)

I ran out to the store this morning to buy the few things that I'd forgotten to buy yesterday. It's perfectly understandable that I wouldn't remember the whole list because I failed to bring the list with me...because I didn't know that I would be going to the store last night. Anyway, I started to make the Texas Cranberry/Jalapeno Relish this morning and I discovered that I'd forgotten to buy a key ingredient. Lime. I added it to the list of the other things that I'd forgotten, and headed off to the store.

While I was at the store, I stopped at the bank which has a branch at the store. I figured since there wasn't anyone in line and I needed to add money to the account I share with #1 son, I'd make a quick stop. Not so quick. When I got to the store, there hadn't been anyone in line. When I looked up from filling out my deposit slip, I was shocked to see five people in front of me. How did that happen? And none of these people had minor transactions. Sigh. I did finally get my deposit taken care of but it seemed to take forever. Ahead of me was someone who apparently wanted a whole bunch of money in large bills so the teller had to go in the back to retrieve money that he didn't have in his drawer. Ahead of me was the man with a huge deposit from some store where everything had to be added up and re-counted before it could be deposited. Ahead of me was the group of four Mexicanos who didn't speak English but they still wanted to cash their checks despite the fact that they didn't have an account with the bank and the checks weren't from that bank. Someone was sent to get someone else who could actually speak Spanish so they could be told that the bank couldn't help them. All I wanted to do was deposit one little check into my account. I'd even taken the time to fill out a deposit slip.

Oh well...I made it. I also made the Texas Cranberry/Jalapeno Relish. And, I've decided that I'm going to make Chicken Marsala for supper. Only I'm going to stuff the chicken breast with prosciutto and cheese before I fry it up. I know that GI Joe doesn't like mushrooms but I'm sure he can shovel his off to the side or give them to DD Daughter. GI Joe and DD Daughter should be here for supper tonight. A late supper...fashionably late. I'll make the pumpkin pie first thing tomorrow morning...before I stuff and put the turkey into the oven.

Murphyism of the Day

Owen's Law

If you are good, you will be assigned all the work. If you are really good, you will get out of it.

******

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies. - (Unknown)

No comments: