Sunday, November 26, 2006

Word of the Day

Wambo - Extreme excitement!

It's Sunday? Wasn't yesterday Sunday? My inner calendar is totally confused. It felt like a Saturday when I was out shopping with DD Daughter...but it was really a Friday. And then yesterday automatically felt like a Sunday even though I didn't go to church but it followed the progression. OK. So...today is Sunday. Again. Only it isn't again because Thanksgiving was on Thursday like usual and I really went shopping on Friday, not Saturday, and yesterday was Saturday when DD Daughter and GI Joe left so today is Sunday. Got it. I suppose it kind of like jet lag. My mind will adjust eventually until the next time some big event falls mid-week.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Communications

The inevitable result of improved and enlarged communications among different levels in a hierarchy is a vastly increased area of misunderstanding.

*****

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"He inherited some good instincts from his Quaker forebears but by diligent hard work, he overcame them." -- James Reston (about Richard Nixon)

No comments: