Thursday, November 23, 2006

Word of the Day

Vuja de - The opposite feeling of Deja Vu. When you get that eerie feeling that this is the first time this is happening.




Happy Thanksgiving!


It's Thanksgiving! I made sticky buns for breakfast. I baked the Pumpkin Toffee Pie...which too longer to bake than the hour that was called for on the recipe but...whatever. I made the stuffing. HTP helped me give the turkey a bath before we stuffed it. It is now roasting in the oven. I made the sweet potato casserole and the green bean casserole. I made the traditional cranberries. I still need to put the dill pickles in the fridge so they'll be cold but I can't do that right now. My dill pickles are in my guest room pantry where GI Joe and DD Daughter are taking a nap. I already had to disturb them to get the green beans for the green bean casserole. The dill pickles can wait.

Murphyism of the Day

Levin's Law


Following the rules will not get the job done.

Corollary

Getting the job done is no excuse for not following the rules.

******

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-


No comments: