Monday, November 27, 2006

Word of the Day

Wambulance - What you send for when someone is especially whiney.

So...I was peacefully sleeping, minding my own zzzz, when HTP decides to come to bed and converse about cell phones and cell phone plans. Our current pay as you go cell phone plan is going to go away. They want to force us to use another pay as you go plan only it seems that it'll work almost everywhere but at The Lake. I guess I'll have to call them and speak to a real live person but from everything that HTP has read from their website, the Cingular Go Phone will not function at The Lake. It will work here in Arizona. It will work in Vegas. It will work for almost the entire way to The Lake and in Minnesota. It will not work at The Lake. So now what? HTP has been researching other pay as you go plans. Alltel may have one that would cost a bit more than what we're paying right now. But how long will it be before they decide that they want more money and switch their plans? I know. I know. It's just that I don't use a cell phone all that much. I hate to pay someone for a monthly plan when I have to maintain two landlines. Actually I would really love to have a real cell phone that would work wherever we might be but...

Anyway, so now I'm awake. My mind is buzzing with cell phone issues. My mind is REALLY awake and it's refusing to turn itself off again. It forced me to get up and get dressed and blog. And in a minute, it'll force me to go into the kitchen to heat up a cup of the coffee that's leftover from what I made yesterday morning. I don't usually get up this early. The dogs aren't even awake yet. I usually force myself to sleep until at least 6 AM. After listening to talk radio for a couple of hours and arguing quietly with my wide awake mind, I gave up and gave in. I'm awake. And HTP is asleep. He's sleeping! Argh! He's always been able to do that. I have to work at getting to sleep and staying asleep. And he couldn't have waited until morning to discuss cell phones? It's still dark out!




On the First Day of Getting Ready for Christmas....

I wrote the first draft of my annual Christmas letter. What format should I use? What should I say? What should I leave unsaid? Time to let it gel for a bit and maybe HTP will be able to add and subtract. I unpacked and arranged all my snowglobes. Good Grief! It's always a struggle to figure out where to put them all. Where should I put the Christmas Creche? And why does it look like I misspelled Creche and why does it look like I misspelled misspelled?


Murphyism of the Day

Dow's Law

In a hierarchical organization, the higher the level, the greater the confusion.

*****

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts...for support rather than illumination." -- Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

No comments: