Sunday, November 19, 2006

Word of the Day

Verbalexia - When I get my words all mixed up in my head and they come out of my mouth backwards, too.

I saw HTP eyeing my system last night before I shut down. He was actually sitting at my desk. I shoo'ed him away. He's been making noises about downloading updates for my browser. The thing is, he updated his system last week and then in frustration because things weren't working as well or as fast, he came over and used my system. So...why would I want my system "up-graded"? I just got used to my current browser and now he wants me to learn something different. And on top of that, from all the mutters and grumbles I'm hearing from HTP's office, HTP doesn't even like the new upgrade. I suppose I'll have to have him upgrade the thing but I'm going to see how long I can delay things.

I got to see The Da Vinci Code last night. That was such a good movie. It was so nice seeing it finally. Actually, I think I preferred seeing it in the privacy of our own home with our own surround sound. We could get up and move about. We could sip on a glass of liqueur or wine. Our friends brought along a bottle of Da Vinci Chianti...but we didn't get around to opening it. There were a lot of liqueurs to sample. Anyway, despite all the controversy that arose from the book and movie when it came out, even the two Catholics (HTP and my friend's husband) who were watching it last night seemed to enjoy it. I'm not going to discuss myth or reality here. Good grief! I didn't hear anyone screaming about the reality of Star Wars or any other movie. It's a movie! It's a book! The movie was well done and it followed the book. I loved the book. There was a hint at the beginning of the DVD that Angels & Demons might be made into a movie. Dare I hope? I wonder if HTP will let me see it again when DD Daughter and GI Joe are here for Thanksgiving. Or maybe when my folks come next month? I would really love to see it again. I know I missed some stuff.

Murphyism of the Day

Anderson's Laws of Survival for Low-Level Managers

1. Never be too right too often.
2. Hints are better taken than given.

*****

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial." -- Irvin S. Cobb

No comments: