Thursday, February 26, 2009


Before Picture...I'll have to dig out the camera to take the After Picture...maybe tomorrow.


Word of the Day

Pedlock - 1. The condition of a bicycle pedal wedging itself against one's leg. 2. The condition when a shoelace winds up on a bicycle pedal causing oneself to fall off. 3. The condition of a bicycle pedal wedging itself against the kickstand.


Gypsy and I are settling back into my bedroom "office" while I blog or work on the laptop. I've moved her basket over to a spot under the window from its spot under the desk...more room for my feet...and now that she's used to having a basket, she's content to doze in her basket under the window...right by my side. If I leave the room for whatever reason, she follows me (*sigh*), even to the bathroom.

This morning, I took my laptop to the kitchen with me so I could check my e-mail without disturbing HTP. I sat at the kitchen table while sipping on my coffee. The battery on my laptop lasts two hours before it needs recharging so I had plenty of time this morning to blog but, as you can see, I've been grasping for blog entry ideas.

I'm not being gassed today like MC Daughter (training for her job at a correctional facility in Texas). My roof isn't leaking and I don't have to worry about drywall damage or mold like IBM (cousin in Minnesota)...at least...I hope not. My sister's husband hiked over to our lake home and reported that everything looked fine and my propane tank is at 45%...which is also fine. I don't live close enough to help DD Daughter make drapes for her new house...but...that's probably a good thing because I tend to suffer panic attacks when I think about sewing machines.

Nope...aside from a kamikaze bird that broke its neck when it slammed into the kitchen window yesterday (I disposed of the body before Gypsy found it), I've got nothing new to write about here in Arizona. The weather remains the same (perfect) and I just closed the windows so it don't have to turn on the air-conditioner. I only used the furnace a couple of times this winter. I'd like to avoid using the air-conditioner for as long as possible.


Murphyism of the Day

The Nineteenth Recommended Practice of the Committee of the International Society of Philosophical Engineers' Universal Laws for Naive Engineers


If, in engineering practice, a safety factor is set through service experience at an ultimate value, an ingenious idiot will promptly calculate a method to exceed said safety factor.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Acquire inner peace and a multitude will find their salvation near you.

- Catherine de Hueck Doherty

No comments: