Thursday, February 19, 2009


Lazy in the Sunshine

Word of the Day

Parkalicious - Describing a really good park and or (wildlife) sanctuary.


Watching with a great deal of envy as Gypsy sat outside, enjoying her narrow wedge of sunshine, I decided to move the lounger into the only bit of sun large enough for a human to enjoy...in our backyard. The lounger looked a bit out of place in the raised bed garden, partially shaded by the Brazilian tree but...it worked. I changed into some shorts and a sleeveless shirt and adjourned outdoors to enjoy some sun and a book. It was too sunny to see the screen on the laptop. I'm not one to enjoy soaking in the sun too long but I enjoyed it until it got to feeling a bit too warm. I stayed out long enough for a good dose of Vitamin D...but not enough to burn. At that point, a took my laptop into the shade of the covered patio (still too stubborn to retreat back inside)even though I had to put on sweatshirt over my sleeveless shirt. Remove the direct sun, remove the heat, 68° F in the shade feels pretty darn cold without a sweatshirt. Come to think of it...maybe a sweatshirt isn't needed when the wind dies down. Ah well...it's nice to be sitting outside, the sound of the water falling in the fountain, the birds, the planes (not so much), Gypsy barking (again, not so much)...but...it's nice to be outside again and not pulling weeds or pruning bushes.

My neighbor promised me a bag of lemons in exchange for some lemon bread...or some lemon meringue pie. I think I may make both...and maybe a sugarfree lemon chiffon pie too. We'll see. Her husband is still in care facility. He can't have sugar but she can. HTP can't have sugar but...I can. I guess I'll do some experimenting as soon as I find out how many lemons she's planning on giving to me. But... not right now. Right now, I think I'll shift back into the sunshine for another dose of Vitamin D.

Murphyism of the Day

The Twelveth Recommended Practice of the Committee of the International Society of Philosophical Engineers' Universal Laws for Naive Engineers


Manufacturer's specifications of performance should be multiplied by a factor of 0.5.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Life only demands from you the strength you possess. Only one feat is possible - not to have run away.

- Dag Hammarskjold (1905 - 1961)

No comments: