Monday, February 23, 2009


"We can do it, We can do it..." MC Daughter as a mouse in Cinderella - 1983? 4?

Word of the Day

Peanut Butturbulance - 1. Any uncontrollable urge to dive into the smooth surface of a freshly opened jar of peanut butter. 2. The special emergency response team coordinated to rush to the need of someone whose hand got stuck trying to scoop out the last molecules of peanut butter from the bottom of the jar.


It was my MC Daughter's birthday yesterday. I didn't forget. I just forgot to mention it in my blog. However...


Happy


Belated Birthday


MC Daughter!



I hope you get whatever you wished for when you blew out your birthday candles!


HTP and I went out last night with friends. We went to a movie (Taken) and out to dinner (not good for our diets). Taken was a really good movie. I loved it. Even a very hard to please HTP liked it. HTP pointed out that with all the violence on screen, there really wasn't a lot of blood and gore...not that he was complaining. I loved that. I never had to look away or close my eyes. I loved the fact that the bad guys lost, dying horribly, and the good guys won against what seemed like impossible odds. This was my kind of movie. Any movie where I can feel good and happy as I walk away from the movie theatre is a really good movie. Too bad these sort of movies are so few and far between. I go to the movie theatre to get away from reality...escape from the day to day. I don't want to leave the movie theatre feeling bad about myself, bad about my life, bad about my country. If I wanted to be depressed, I'd re-subscribe to the newspaper....or open my mutual fund statements.

Murphyism of the Day

The Sixteenth Recommended Practice of the Committee of the International Society of Philosophical Engineers' Universal Laws for Naive Engineers


Service Conditions as given on specifications will be exceeded.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.

- Ayn Rand (1905 - 1982)

No comments: