Wednesday, February 11, 2009



Word of the Day

Pajangle - Condition of waking up with one's pajamas turned 180 degrees.


Phew!!! We didn't get freezing temperatures last night which is a really good thing since I didn't bother to dig out or apply my sheet dance sheets. Once again I put my faith in the weather forecaster online and my faith was rewarded.

The grocery store ads came in the mail yesterday. We get them in the mail these days because we don't receive a daily paper anymore. When the local paper raised their rates while lowering the amount one actually received from said product (They actually decreased the physical size of the newspaper!), HTP and I decided to cancel our subscription. I still pick up the Sunday paper but even that edition is smaller and hardly worth the cost. We noticed that the grocery ads are all online now and if you don't get the paper, the grocery ads magically arrive, free of charge, in our mailbox.

After carefully studying the ads (a practice that I learned at my Mother's knee), I decided to go out and do my Valentine's Day shopping this morning, taking advantage of some of the specials at the stores. I couldn't resist. HTP and I are going to have crab legs for supper tonight. I resisted buying any strawberries or spring mix lettuce. I still plan on buying some...on Saturday. Some things taste lots better when they're bought and used on the same day.

Murphyism of the Day

The Fourth Recommended Practice of the Committee of the International Society of Philosophical Engineers' Universal Laws for Naive Engineers


The best approximation of service conditions in the laboratory will not begin to meet those conditions encountered in actual service.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

There ought to be one day-- just one-- when there is open season on senators.

- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

No comments: