Saturday, February 07, 2009



Word of the Day

Oxpecker - A small bird that picks bugs off oxen; found in Africa and other parts of the world.


Mea culpa. I never got around to blogging yesterday. You didn't miss much. My back is back to near normal. HTP's back isn't. *sigh* Despite this, and since we had to go out shopping, we went out for supper. Bad for our waistlines but we don't make a habit of going out to eat. It was a nice treat.

HTP and I finally finished our yard work...front and back, this morning, after breakfast. I fertilized the trees and plants yesterday. Since rain is predicted for tonight or tomorrow and pre-emergent doesn't work unless it's "watered in", we decided that we'd better get some pre-emergent weed preventive spread...quick. With rain, comes weeds. Hopefully, the pre-emergent weed preventive that we just put out will short circuit this cycle. I've been having to spray weed-killer on weeds almost every day...without rain. We live close to open fields of weeds...and weed seeds happen. Hopefully, we get rain so I don't have to drag out the hose.

In the meantime, I've been keeping busy reading contest books. I only have to read one more book. The book I finished last night was...painfully awful. If I didn't have to read this book, I would have stopped after the first chapter. It was a real waste of time. The only positive thing I can say for that book is that I didn't have to pay money for it, adding insult to injury. The hero was a were-horse? Need I say more?

Murphyism of the Day

Farrell's Law of Newfangled Gadgetry


The most expensive component is the one that breaks.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Trust one who has gone through it.

- Virgil (70 BC - 19 BC)

No comments: