Friday, February 20, 2009


If a neighbor gives you twelve lemons and you use four of those lemons to make two loaves of lemon bread, how many lemons do you have left to make lemon meringue pie?

Word of the Day

Parkma - The uncanny luck of someone to be able to find a good parking spot everywhere they go.


My neighbor gave me a bag of lemons this morning. When someone in your life gives you lemons.... I wish I had more time to start another batch of Limoncello but...I don't...so... I mixed up some dough for pie crust. It's in the fridge where it needs to chill until this afternoon before I can roll it out and bake the crusts. I plan to make a couple of sugarfree lemon meringue pies. In the meantime, I baked a couple loaves of sugarfree lemon bread. I've never made a sugar free version of either of these recipes before today. I tasted the lemon bread. Yummy! I'm going to give the other loaf to my neighbor. I won't know how the lemon meringue recipe turns out until tonight. I'm a little nervous when it comes to the meringue part of the recipe. So...I plan to make a single recipe, try a piece and if it passes the taste test, I'll make the second pie. If not...I'll make a lemon chiffon pie instead(sugarfree).

Speaking of Limoncello, I'll be straining and adding simple syrup to the Limoncello and Arancello tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

The Thirteenth Recommended Practice of the Committee of the International Society of Philosophical Engineers' Universal Laws for Naive Engineers


Salespeople's claims for performance should be multiplied by a factor of 0.25.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

To err is dysfunctional, to forgive co-dependent.

- Berton Averre

No comments: