Saturday, February 28, 2009



Canning in Arizona

Word of the Day

Pedwipe - The action of cleaning liquid off the floor with a sock that is still on one's foot because one has run out of paper towels, is to lazy to go get something else to clean it up, or is to lazy to lean over and clean it properly.


I used a recipe that Sis e-mailed me to make salted lemons. Preserved lemons. I dug out a couple of quart canning jars from the garage and… GASP… inside one of the jars was a scorpion… a live scorpion. EWWWWW!!!!! I grabbed a lid and canned that sucker. He’s sitting in a sealed canning jar, scurrying around and around. EWWWWW!!!!! I went back to the garage and got a different (scorpion free) quart jar and continued on with the recipe. *shudder* Oh well…I have two quarts of preserved lemons started which I’ll probably bring to Wisconsin with me this summer…if I don’t forget. I haven’t decided what to do with the scorpion. I may just decide that I really don’t need that particular quart jar, tossing it AND the scorpion out. *shudder*

Murphyism of the Day

Klipstein's Law of Specification


In specifications, Murphy's Law spersedes Ohm's.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!

- Matt Frewer

No comments: