Tuesday, February 03, 2009



Word of the Day

Outgeek - The action of a known geek being outdone or exposed to an event, occurrence or activity that is even geekier or dorkier than he or she actually is.


Oh, my aching back. Guilt won out and I spent a few hours helping HTP with the yard clean up yesterday. I really tried not to do too much bending and stooping but there's no way I can deny that my back hurts harder today than it did yesterday before I headed outside. I'm taking things easy today. Aside from doing the laundry (it's Tuesday, aka, laundry day), I started reading the first book of the second category of books that I need to read for the contest. I can already see that this second category is going to take me longer to read. I'm not really fond of science fiction books. The one that I started reading is complex. I've never read anything this author has written before which makes this book even more difficult to read. She keeps referring to events that happened in a previous book. I'm having to refer to the appendix a lot to figure out the words that she's using and the genealogy of the characters. Oh well...it's a well written book. It makes me think of an historical novel set during the Renaissance.

Murphyism of the Day

Liz Taylor's Observation


The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The joy of a spirit is the measure of its power.

- Ninon de Lenclos (1620 - 1705)

No comments: